“Although Reiki is not massage (as the muscles of the body are not manipulated), it is a very relaxing yet powerful method of healing. In the simplest form, Reiki is the laying on of hands. It is guided, positive energy brought in from the universe by someone that knows how to ‘tap into’ it, and passed into someone in need of healing.
All problems in the body, whether they be illnesses or injuries, are centered around negative energy. Reiki overcomes the negative energies with positive energy, in most cases making the person feel better, and in some cases removing the problem completely. Reiki has been known to reduce and alleviate pain, discomfort, or disease of any kind, and has been used on all major diseases. Reiki is hands-on healing and a nice pleasant experience.
Coming from the Japanese words Rei (God or Goddess consciousness) and Ki (universal life force energy), Reiki is a natural method of hands-on holistic (relating to, or concerning the whole body and mind) healing where universal energy is channeled through a practitioner into a person in need for the sole purpose of healing. The word Ki is the same that is used in Japanese martial arts such as Aikido or Hapkido. Ki is also synonymous with Chi as in Tai-Chi. It also means the same as the Indian word Prana.
Although channeled into the body’s seven major energy centers, chakras (pronounced shock-rahs), the healing energy of Reiki goes where it is needed most. Reiki works on physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Sometimes people will bury away problems that they have had in their lives. This is bad as to release problems, they need to be worked out. Sometimes Reiki will attack those problems to try to release them instead of what the client (or therapist) is expecting it to work on. As stated, it goes where it is needed most.
A person receiving a Reiki treatment experiences a nice, warm, pleasant session as the therapist’s hands become warm as the energy is passed through them. When the session is over, the client usually feels relaxed, refreshed , and full of energy.
Reiki works on all problems whether they be illness and disease or physical pains. Many times, the Reiki energy will alleviate the pain in one session (and this is completely dependent on the problem). Other times, it may take a few sessions. Sometimes, it is better when combined with other things, like massage, or normal medical care. In the case of illnesses, Reiki can work differently. Sometimes it will bring on the illness harder so it will pass through its cycle and be gone in a shorter than normal time. (Imagine getting a cold, which takes 7 – 10 days to run its normal cycle. Getting Reiki can make the cold come on harder and then be gone in a couple of days.)
Belief in Reiki is not necessary to receive a treatment. Reiki is energy, and will do what it needs to do even if one does not believe in it. However, if someone actively disbelieves in it, or fears it, they will block it and it will not be able to do what it needs to do.
Here are some Reiki facts…
- Reiki originated in the Tibetan Monasteries as a method of self-healing on mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual planes.
- Reiki has grown over the years into a technique for sharing these self-healing energies.
- Reiki is a bio-energy process, which draws energy into the practitioner’s body, and then transfers this energy into another person.
- Once the practitioner has had a Reiki initiation, the energy transferal happens automatically when hands are placed on another individual.
- Reiki energy is safe and non-invasive, as the practitioner has only to lightly place their hands on the other person, or even just above them in order to conduct the Reiki energies.
- Reiki will go right through clothing (so a person being healed can remain dressed) with the result being a warm, very relaxing sensation.
- Reiki can reduce and alleviate pain, discomfort, or disease of any kind.
- Because Reiki is guided by the God-consciousness, and based on universal love, it can never do harm. It always knows what a person needs and adjusts itself to create the effect that is appropriate. One should never worry about whether to give Reiki or not. It is always helpful.
- Because Reiki energy is channeled, the practitioner’s energies are never depleted. In fact, the practitioner benefits from Reiki energy as it is passed through them. Giving a treatment always increases one’s energy reserves.
- Anyone Can Learn Reiki
If you have not tried Reiki, it might be worth looking into. Reiki energy can be added to any massage, but a stand alone Reiki session is extremely powerful.”