Esther Hicks (born Esther Weaver) is an American inspirational speaker and author. She has co-authored nine books with her husband Jerry Hicks, presented numerous workshops on the law of attraction with Abraham Hicks Publications and appeared in the original version of the 2006 film The Secret. The Hicks’ books, including the best-selling series The Law of Attraction, are — according to Esther Hicks — “translated from a group of non-physical entities called Abraham.” Hicks describes what she is doing as tapping into “infinite intelligence”.
Esther Hicks was born in 1948 in Coalville, Utah. In 1980 she married Jerry Hicks, then a successful Amway distributor. In his early life Jerry Hicks had been a circus acrobat for two years in Cuba, and then, beginning in 1948, had toured for 20 years as a musician, MC, and comedian. Esther has one daughter, Tracy, by her former marriage. Jerry Hicks died on 18 November 2011 from cancer.
According to Esther and Jerry Hicks, Abraham is a group of entities that are “interpreted” by Esther Hicks. Abraham have described themselves as “a group consciousness from the non-physical dimension.” They have also said, “We are that which you are. You are the leading edge of that which we are. We are that which is at the heart of all religions.” Abraham has said through Esther that whenever one feels moments of great love, exhilaration, or pure joy, that is the energy of Source, and that is who Abraham “is”.
“Jerry and Esther never used the word channeling,” Abraham clarifies. “It is used when applied to them, but they have never used it, because it means many things of which they are not, you see.”
“You could leave the channeling out of it. Call it inspiration; that’s all it is. You don’t call the basketball player a channeler, but he is; he’s an extension of Source Energy. You don’t call the surgeon a channeler, but he is. You don’t call the musician, the magnificent master musician, you don’t call him a channeler, but he is. He’s channeling the broader essence of who he is into the specifics of what he is about.”
Esther herself calls Abraham “infinite intelligence,” and to Jerry they are “the purest form of love I’ve ever experienced.” Her teachings (referred to as Abraham–Hicks teachings) are based on this experience. The basic tenets of the teachings include that people create their own reality through their thoughts, that emotions are constantly guiding people toward where they want to go, that life is supposed to be fun and easy. The essence of Abraham–Hicks’ teachings since 1986 has been presented as follows:
- Individuals are physical extensions of the non-physical.
- People are in their bodies because they chose to be.
- The basis of life is freedom; the purpose of life is joy.
- People are creators; they create with their thoughts.
- Whatever people can imagine totally & completely, by creating a perfect vibrational match, is theirs to be, or do, or have.
- Individuals choose their creations as they choose their thoughts.
- Emotions indicate what people are creating, either consciously or unconsciously.
- The Universe adores people; it knows their broadest intentions.
- Individuals are invited to happily relax into their natural well-being, and know that all is well.
- Life is not meant to be a struggle, but a process of allowing.
- People are creators of “thoughtways” on their unique “paths of joy”.
- Actions and money are by-products of focusing on joy.
- Individuals may depart their body without illness or pain.
- People cannot die; their lives are everlasting.
- The nature of the universe is infinite and expanding.
- Any desire born in one can be fulfilled.
- Individuals are not only a part of the universe but are the very source of it.
A large part of Hicks’ work centers around the Law of attraction, a concept written about in the early 1900s by William Walker Atkinson (1862–1932), in his book Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World (1906).
Source – Wikipedia.com